Kindly proceed to our new website: https://www.littleseeds.edu.sg/
1. School Term
- Sonshine is open throughout the year except on Sundays and gazetted public holidays.
- Sonshine may observe half-days on the eves of any 3 public holidays. In addition, Sonshine may close for another 6 days in a year.
- For days of closure, please refer to this year’s Centre Calendar.
2. School Hours
- Mondays to Fridays: 7.00am to 7.00pm
- Saturdays: 7.00am to 2.00pm
|Level||Child : Teacher Ratio|
|Play Group (PG)||8:1|
|Nursery 1 (N1)||12:1|
|Nursery 2 (N2)||15:1|
|Kindergarten 1 (K1)||20:1|
|Kindergarten 2 (K2)||25:1|
- Every class has two class teachers, the English teacher and the Mandarin teacher, providing a bilingual environment for the children.
4. Year Level Placement
|Play Group (PG)||Year that the child turns 18mths old|
|Nursery 1 (N1)||Year that the child turns 3yrs old|
|Nursery 2 (N2)||Year that the child turns 4yrs old|
|Kindergarten 1 (K1)||Year that the child turns 5yrs old|
|Kindergarten 2 (K2)||Year that the child turns 6yrs old|
- Admission for any academic year is governed by the age stipulated by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA). Age is calculated based on 2 January of the year of admission.
5. Student Enrolment and Referral Incentive
- Parents of students currently enrolled in Sonshine Childcare Centre who successfully refer children of other parents to enrol in Sonshine Childcare Centre on full-day childcare programme is entitled to a one-off $300 school fee voucher.
- A successful referral is defined as the referred child being enrolled and having paid school fees for a continuous 3months’ period in Sonshine Childcare Centre.Referral of children who had previously been enrolled in Sonshine Childcare Centre will not be considered a successful referral.
- The voucher will be issued on the 4th month from start date of enrolment and can be used immediately to offset the school fee payable.
- To ensure a full refund of the deposit, notice of withdrawal must be given, in writing, one month prior to the effective date of withdrawal from the Centre.
- If the parent/guardian fails to comply with this one-month’s written notice, the deposit will be forfeited.
- All children are covered by Personal Accident insurance plan. This plan covers the child whilst he/she is attending Centre or any Centre related activities whether in or out of the Centre. The plan also extends the coverage to protect the child when traveling directly between residence and Centre .
8. Foreign Students
- Foreign students without a Dependant’s Pass must apply for a Student Pass. Contact our admin staff for more information.
9. Modes of Payment
- Parents are encouraged to settle payments via GIRO
- Only GIRO, cheque or cash payments are accepted
- Account payee cheques are to be made payable to Sonshine Childcare Centre
10. School Uniform
- These may be purchased from the office during office hours.
- The children’s meals i.e., breakfast, lunch and tea are provided at no extra cost on regular school days.
12. Photographs and/or Video Clips of Children and Staff
- Photographs and video clips of Sonshine Childcare Centre’s children and staff taken during school activities are not to be uploaded in public domains without prior permission out of respect for children and staff. Examples of public domains include Facebook and Twitter.
- However, the Centre reserves the right to use photographs and/or video clips of children enrolled in the Centre for publicity and/or promotional purposes, which would include the Sonshine Childcare Centre website, term newsletters, as well as media (press or TV).
13. Health and Medical
- All teachers are trained in Child First Aid and attend refresher courses periodically to upkeep first aid knowledge and license.
- The overall health of the children would be checked daily upon arrival, noting any unusual symptoms or behaviour. Parents will be informed if their child is not fit to attend school.
- The Principal will ensure that the screening of children for illness includes appropriate hand-washing and barrier precautions to prevent person-to-person transmission.
- The Centre has well established Standard Operating Procedures in line with government ministries’ and agencies’ guidelines in the event a child is observed to be suffering from any infectious disease.
14. Haze Management
- Principal will refer to ECDA’s latest advisory, and check NEA’s website for further updates to ensure the safety and well-being of children during the haze conditions.
- The Centre has well established Standard Operating Procedures in line with government ministries’ and agencies’ guidelines in the event haze conditions.