1. Message From the Principal
Ms Sangeeta, Principal of Sonshine Childcare Centre
- Founded by Chapel of the Resurrection, Sonshine Childcare Centre was established to be a blessing to the community. As a Christian childcare centre, Sonshine’s mission is to develop excellence in character, inspire a quest for knowledge and to build a firm foundation for life skills in each child through a holistic curriculum in a nurturing environment and in partnership with parents and community.
- That mission is readily apparent in our classes every day. Visitors to our centre often remark how loving and joyful Sonshine students are. We also hear that Sonshine students are very patient and kind. To my mind, the more important thing to note is the values underlying those character traits. Regardless of background, talents, or plans for the future, a Sonshine student is first and foremost a child rooted in Godly values whilst equipped with life skills for the 21st century. This outcome shapes the path our graduates will take for the rest of their lives. When asked to reflect on the impact their education has had, our alumnae invariably trace who they become and what they achieve directly back to their transformative experiences at Sonshine.
- I invite you to visit our centre, get to know our community, and see for yourself why Sonshine is leading the way in holistic character based education designed specifically for the way children learn best.
- The leader in quality early childhood education where each child is rooted in Godly values and nurtured to be their best through a creative curriculum by a team of passionate professionals.
- To develop excellence in character, inspire a quest for knowledge and to build a firm foundation for life skills in each child through a holistic curriculum in a nurturing environment and in partnership with parents and community.
- To provide a well-rounded programme in terms of physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual development for children.
- To provide information for parents seeking guidance in rearing their children.
- To provide a second home for children of working parents.
5. Core Values
6. Fast Facts
- Blessing residents of Bukit Batok since 1991
- Registered and licensed under Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA)
- Teaching staff with Tertiary Qualifications
- All teaching staff are equipped with at least a Diploma in Early Childhood
- Awarded Healthy Meals in Childcare Centres Program (HMCCP) and Health Promoting Preschool by Health Promotion Board (HPB)